A UK company has taken the first delivery of the new 2016 model of the AL-3 flexible aluminium bending machine.
The new features on the machine include:
- Electrically controlled support rolls for accuracy and control of twist of asymmetric sections.
- Movable control panel to optimise the operator position during bending.
- Increased touch screen to 15” to improve the experience with the CNC
- Longer shafts for greater flexibility, up to 350mm high aluminium extrusions can be curved.
- Wider maximum centres and greater ‘day-light’ for wider sections enables 300mm wide sections to be curved accurately.
The machine is fully electric drive for efficiency and accuracy, the speed of these is easily controlled and each can be varied to make use of different sizes of tools on each shaft.
A powerful 35 tonne hydraulic cylinder controls the bending power, the position of this is controlled accurately by the PLC. The speed of the hydraulic movement as it nears the bend position is reduced enabling, what we believe to be one of the most accurate machines in the world today.
The bending machines can be CE, UL or CSA approved by world leading quality assurance group, TUV.